Friday 20 March 2020

Big Changes

Sometimes in life, things happen, and you think to yourself 'this will change everything'. Well, several of those things are happening to me (and my family) right now.

Firstly, we are in the process of buying a new house, which is lovely, but also a little stressful. The house is in a much more rural area and quite far away from where we currently live. The new house also needs a fair amount of work done on it. It has a lovely garden....which has a bath in it (hence the name of this blog). The previous owner has put a bath in the garden to make a 'pond'. When I found this out I was fairly surprised, but both my husband and my son found it hilarious. We will not be keeping the bath in the garden!

To make things slightly more stressful, we will probably be moving in the middle of the Covid-19 pandemic. Obviously, this is not ideal. We are all supposed to be keeping our distance from other people, not going out unless absolutely necessary etc. I don't really know how this is going to work....we'll see, I suppose.

Due to the current pandemic, I have had to start homeschooling my son. I have no problem doing this, I have been a Teaching Assistant for several years, and to be perfectly honest, I've always wanted to give homeschooling a try. I'm fully aware that not everyone sees homeschooling in a positive way, but given the current situation, there wasn't really any choice. It's going quite well, so far, but we have only been doing it for a week. I'm not really sure how long this will continue for.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creeping towards autumn

 I know it's still July, so essentially still the middle of summer, but it feels almost autumnal at the moment. It's chilly (I'v...