Thursday 19 January 2023

Ice & frost

 We've had a few very frosty mornings this week. In fact, the frost and ice has lasted all day because the temperature hasn't got much above freezing. I love frost! I also love snow, but we haven't had much snow for the last few winters. I try to make myself go outside when it's frosty, even if it's just for a little wander around the garden. Frost and ice makes everything look so beautiful, and peaceful, all the plants and the trees look almost fairytale-like.

I feel like I have to make the most of this - the frosty, icy crystals everywhere. It doesn't usually last long. To be honest, I worry that because our winters are generally getting milder and wetter due to the warming climate, there may come a time when we don't see it anymore. It's a really upsetting thought. I worry that by the time my son is an adult, frosty mornings will be a thing of the past. I hope he has some memories of them. 

My point is, everyone should try to go out and see all the beauty when it is this cold. Maybe even take some photos, if you get a chance. Make the most of the icy crunch under your feet. Enjoy it, while it lasts.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Creeping towards autumn

 I know it's still July, so essentially still the middle of summer, but it feels almost autumnal at the moment. It's chilly (I'v...