Tuesday 5 July 2022

The Cheerful Sight of Rabbits

 Woke up with a slight headache this morning. I'm not really getting out for our usual walks at the moment, we are slowly renovating our house and there seems to be a lot going on. Stuff needs to be moved and wallpaper needs to be scraped off the walls, deliveries turning up etc. It's tiring, but I appreciate that we are lucky enough to be in a position to do this (we are doing most of the work ourselves, rather than paying someone else).

The great thing about living where we do, is that we live next to a small field (which I'm hoping will remain a field and not end up being built on, as a lot of fields around here have been sold to developers. I won't get into a rant about that here). For the last couple of mornings, I've come downstairs & looked out of the window to see one or two rabbits hopping about in the field, or just sitting there munching on the grass. Occasionally, I get to see a baby/young rabbit. Such a cheerful sight first thing in the morning! In the evenings, we can sometimes see quite a few rabbits in the field at the back, they run around and chase each other. I don't think I'll ever get bored of seeing them. There are usually two or three horses in the field too, who occasionally wander over to the fence to say hello and peer into our garden.

Even though I am not getting out as much as I'd like, I'm so glad we can still see mice, birds etc. in the garden and wildlife (and horses) in the field. It never fails to cheer me up a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creeping towards autumn

 I know it's still July, so essentially still the middle of summer, but it feels almost autumnal at the moment. It's chilly (I'v...